- This event has passed.
Nov: Intro to Slings (ticket workshop)
23/11/2015 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm£22
Monday, 23 November 2015 from 14:30 to 17:00
Tickets can be bought from Eventbrite here. PayPal fee’s apply
Individual ticket (1 adult) – £20
Family ticket (2 adults) – £35
This workshop will be especially useful to expectant and new parents and/or anyone interested in learning about carrying their baby in a sling or carrier.
Not sure where to start? Then this is for you! The perfect opportunity to explore options, ask questions and try before buying. Also suitable for people already using a sling who are looking to broaden their sling knowledge or considering a different type of sling.
WE WILL COVER:
– Benefits of carrying your baby in a sling.
– Optimum positioning.
– Types of slings (stretchy wrap, woven wrap, ring sling, soft structured carrier, mei tai and hybrid slings).
– Fitting sessions (10 minutes per person or group teaching depending on participants’ preferences).
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
– Maximum of 6 people.
– All participants are required to pay in advance and must complete a pre-workshop questionnaire.
– Weighted dolls will be provided.
– Slings will be provided (however, participants are free to bring their own sling if they wish).
– Hot drinks and homemade cake will be provided, please do bring your own snacks for you/your child if necessary.
– Your child/children are of course very welcome at the workshop; nappy changing facilities and some toys will be available.
– Those parents who are expecting will be encouraged to work with a weighted doll to make the most of this workshop.
– If you are bringing more than one child with you it is advisable to bring another carer with you to ensure you can fully concentrate on the tuition being provided and thus make the most of the workshop.
Tickets can be bought via Eventbrite here.