Welcome to Oxford Sling Library’s sling hire service!
- Book your sling hire online at least a day in advance.
- There’s a three day wait built into the system between different hirers of the same sling, to give us time to launder and safety check.
- Slings are wrapped up for pick up with freshly washed hands.
- Collect and drop-off your slings, contact-free, from our secure drop-box on Botley Road or email Lucy if you’d like them posted out to you (£5 flat rate P&P).
- 1:1 appointments are available to help if you need them (both in person and via Zoom)
- We’re hoping to restart in person Sling Clinics in September 2021.
- We run regular antenatal workshops to help those preparing to carry – tell your pregnant friends.
How to hire
1. Get a free account
Visit our lovely library management site and click ‘Create account’ – usually on top right of your screen. Agree to our Membership agreement and privacy notice and our Hire terms and conditions (please read these carefully!)
2. Browse the library
3. Reserve what you want for how long you want it
Reserve the slings you want to borrow, selecting the start and end dates for your hire – up to 2 weeks initially. You’ll need to have a payment card saved to your account to be able to reserve a sling. Hires cost 50p a day per item, and you can have up to three slings on loan at any one time.
4. Get a confirmation
Receive a confirmation email to confirm your hire. You can edit your reservation until the day it starts if you need to. 🙂
5. Pick up your hires!
Bright and early on the day your hire starts, you’ll receive an email to confirm your slings are ‘checked out’ with payment taken, giving you the address and drop box access code to collect whenever is convenient (or confirmation of postage if you’ve chosen that option).
At the end of your hire
Get a reminder and return or renew
You’ll automatically get an email reminder towards the end of your hire.
You can choose to:
- Return your hires in person or by post.
- Renew your hire, as long as no one else is waiting for it. After you’ve had an item for six continuous weeks, it needs to be returned, but you can always hire something else in a different colour/model after that! If you’re depending on renewing your sling (for example, because you’ll be out of the country, just email Lucy to request an advance renewal.