Welcome to Oxford Sling Library’s sling hire service!
Current hygiene protocols:
- There are buffer days built into the system between hires of the same sling, to give us time to launder and safety check before it goes to its next user.
- Slings are wrapped up for pick up with freshly washed hands.
- Collect and drop-off your slings, contact-free, from our secure drop-box on Botley Road or email Lucy if you’d like them posted out to you (£5 flat rate P&P for small parcels of up to 2kg). If you’ve booked an in-person 1:1 appointment you’ll also be able to hire any of the slings you try there and then.
- We are having a break between 20th December 2021 and 4th January 2022, and so hiring and returning are suspended for that period.
- However, if you email Lucy in advance of the closure she can arrange an extra long hire for you, or a longer-than-usual extension of your existing hire!
Baby not here yet?
- You’re welcome to hire in advance of your new arrival, but it’s often easier to wait until they arrive – just in case you’re waiting a while! We have a large stock, so there’s pretty much always something available to hire that would work!
- We run regular antenatal workshops to help those preparing to carry get to grips with the different options and how to assess safety when carrying (particularly 0-3 months) tell your pregnant friends!
How to hire
1. Get a free account
Visit our lovely library management site and click ‘Create account’ – usually on top right of your screen. Agree to our Membership agreement and privacy notice and our Hire terms and conditions (please read these carefully!)
2. Browse the library
Browse our inventory of slings and choose what you’d like to borrow.
Not sure what to hire?
1:1 appointments are available to help if you need them (both in person and via Zoom). We can discuss your needs in more detail and explore different options to figure out what might work well for you.
3. Reserve what you want for how long you want it
Reserve the slings you want to borrow, selecting the start and end dates for your hire – up to 2 weeks initially. You’ll need to have a payment card saved to your account to be able to reserve a sling. Hires cost 50p a day per item, and you can have up to three slings on loan at any one time.
4. Get a confirmation
Receive a confirmation email to confirm your hire. You can edit your reservation until the day it starts if you need to. 🙂
5. Pick up your hires!
Bright and early on the day your hire starts, you’ll receive an email to confirm your slings are ‘checked out’ with payment taken, giving you the address and drop box access code to collect whenever is convenient (or confirmation of postage if you’ve chosen that option).
At the end of your hire
Get a reminder and return or renew
You’ll automatically get an email reminder towards the end of your hire.
You can choose to:
- Return your hires in person or by post.
- Renew your hire, as long as no one else is waiting for it. After you’ve had an item for six continuous weeks, it needs to be returned, but you can always hire something else in a different colour/model after that! If you’re depending on renewing your sling (for example, because you’ll be out of the country, just email Lucy to request an advance renewal.