Introduction to slings and baby carriers – workshop.
Not sure where to start? Then this is for you! The perfect opportunity to explore the world of slings and baby carriers; aimed at expectant parents, new parents or anyone interested in learning about carrying their baby in a sling. Also suitable for people already using a sling who are looking to broaden their sling knowledge or considering a different type of sling.
Tickets on sale via Eventbrite.
PayPal fee’s apply
Individual ticket (1 adult) – £20
Family ticket (2 adults) – £35
WE WILL COVER:
– Benefits of carrying your baby in a sling.
– Optimum positioning.
– Types of slings.
– Fitting sessions (10 minutes per person or group teaching depending on participants’ preferences).
SUITABLE FOR – expectant and new parents or anyone interested in learning about carrying their baby in a sling.
OBJECTIVES – by the end of the workshop participants should:
1) Understand the importance of the spread squat position and why it is the recommended position in which to carry a baby.
2) Understand and recognise the different types of slings.
3) Have had the opportunity to try on one or more slings with a weighted doll and received 1-2-1/group teaching/fitting.
4) Be satisfied with the quality of advice and tuition provided.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
– SLING HIRE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THIS EVENT, £5 PER WEEK OR £15 PER MONTH **PLEASE BRING YOUR CHEQUE BOOK FOR REQUIRED DEPOSIT IF YOU WISH TO HIRE**
– Maximum of 8 people.
– All participants are required to pay in advance and must complete a pre-workshop questionnaire.
– Weighted dolls will be provided.
– Slings will be provided (however, participants are free to bring their own sling if they wish).
– Hot drinks and homemade cake will be provided, please do bring your own snacks for you/your child if necessary.
– Your child/children are of course very welcome at the workshop; nappy changing facilities and some toys will be available.
– Those parents who are expecting will be encouraged to work with a weighted doll to make the most of this workshop.
– If you are bringing more than one child with you it is advisable to bring another carer with you to ensure you can fully concentrate on the tuition being provided and thus make the most of the workshop.